Monday, November 8, 2010

New Intern at CoKF


Hi! My name is Kristina Blundon. I’m coming to Children of Kibera Foundation from an independent study component of St. Lawrence University’s Kenya Semester Program. I’m currently a senior at St. Lawrence, originally from Montreal, Canada. At St. Lawrence, I am majoring in sociology and global studies, with a minor in education. I’m hoping to work in the field of international education after graduation in May.

During the last month of the KSP program, the students participating on St. Lawrence’s program have the opportunity to work with an organization or take on a project of their choice. I found out about CoKF after spending an afternoon here and at the Red Rose School earlier in the semester. I had such a great experience, even for a day, and fell in love with the idea of spending four weeks with the kids here. At the last minute, I changed my independent study, which was originally going to be on the coast of Kenya, and decided to work with CoKF and Red Rose.

I will be working on a variety of different projects during my time at CoKF. While there is a boys’ football team, I’m hoping to get the girls team started. I’ll be working in the classrooms, helping with the girls club, and keeping this blog updated with the latest developments here at CoKF, among other projects. I am very excited about the month ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Its encouraging to see how Children of Kibera Foundation is touching the lives of these young generation,giving them hope and future to face this competitive world with a lot of courage and Technical know how.Kudos Children of Kibera Foundation.Belinda from Limuru

    ReplyDelete