Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cherished Friendships


Red Rose pupils reading to their friends their favorite book
'The Buggliest Bug'
It reaches a point in life when we need to make new friends beyond the normal borders. The Red Rose school pupils have these kinds of friends. The type of friends they can reach to to gain new insights about life and academics.
All the pupils in grades four, five, six, seven and eight have at least two PenPals from the Canton U U School (USA), Norwood School (USA), the Eastside School (USA) and schools in Austria. The pupils share with their penpals after every two weeks and have Skype meetings on weekly basis.
The prime advantages of these partnerships have been very evident especially the improved awareness our pupils have gained concerning other cultures. It has made most of our student acquire perspectives free from prejudices.
Exchanging letters has also helped improve the reading and writing skills of our pupils. It has encouraged better use of grammar skills. This exchange has also benefited the teachers who have had a chance to see how other classrooms are. They too have acquired new teaching methods, discovered new cultures and new insights.

 Keen listeners..
I like the fact that I have penpal and whenever I feel lonely and I don’t have somebody to talk to, I can read my penpals’ letters. When I get older I would like to travel to different countries, experience the different interesting cultures that my penpals describe in their letters.” Francis Mwangi, a class 5 student at Red Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment